This past month, my mind has swirled with questions…
- When do I buy a house? Where? What should my savings goals for 2017 be in order to accomplish them?
- When do I start classes to foster kids? Where? What would that look like with a roommate and a one-hour commute each way each weekday?
- When do I try to move forward with my career? Where? What if I’m not cut out for the career I’ve chosen?
- When do I find time to write? Where? What if my roommate never gets a job, and I’m never home alone to find time to write again?!
- When will I get married? Where? What can I do to speed up this process?
For a couple of weeks, I’d take my questions to God, and I’d give him the swirled jumble of my thoughts and emotions, and I’d know I was heard. But since He didn’t give me answers right away, I’d take the burden of them back upon myself and let them swirl around me and try to sort through them by myself.
I was basically trying to figure out my whole future, right now. And if not completely figure it out, at least figure out what I could do right now to work toward the future I want.
It was exhausting.
I didn’t even realize how exhausting it was until Read More